Do you dread walks because of your dog's reactivity?
Is your dog fearful?
Is your dog aggressive towards other dogs and strangers?
Does your dog hate sharing?
Is your dog about to have a new baby in the house?
You’ve come to the right place.
What are behavior consultations suitable for?
- Resource Guarding
- New dog adoption
- Baby/Dog Intros
Behavior consults are not for basic life skills training, like sit, stay, come, etc. Please visit the Basic Manners page.
How it works: Initially, I’ll meet you and your dog online for a new client behavior consultation.
- We will discuss your training goals,
- I’ll assess your dog and answer any questions you have.
- We will get management up and running and I will create a tailored training plan to achieve your goals.
- You will receive a report after the consult which will include what we discussed, so no need to take notes! Our follow up training session will take place a few weeks after the initial consult and can be scheduled either remotely or in-person.
- Multiple follow up sessions may be needed depending on the complexity of the behavior issue.
Follow up in-person sessions:
After the initial online consult, follow up sessions may be booked in-person. Prices are for my service area. Additional fees apply to service St. George’s, St. Davids, Southampton and Somerset.
- New Clients - Online Behavior Consult
- New Clients - Let's Get Started Package (online & in-person)
- Existing Client Follow Up
New Clients – Online Behavior Consult
I will assess the situation and your dog. I’ll explain what is going on and how to address it. I will create a management plan (how to stop your dog rehearsing the behavior) and we’ll discuss a tailored training plan to address your goals.
New Client Online Zoom Consult:
$240 (60 min)
New Clients – Let’s Get Started Package (online & in-person)
This package is ideal for getting a plan in place and following up to make sure it’s going well. It includes a 60 minute initial consultation online and two 30 min follow up training sessions. The follow ups can be scheduled online or in-person but must be schedule within 3 months of the initial consultation.
We will discuss your training goals, I’ll assess your dog and answer any questions you have. We will get management up and running and I will create a tailored training plan to achieve your goals. You will receive a report after the consult which will include what we discussed, so no need to take notes! Our follow up training sessions will take place a few weeks after the initial consult.
All consults include a report and video recording and all training sessions include recap emails to keep you on track, in addition to any relevant handouts and videos. Support is via email or Whatsapp in between sessions. A letter to your vet, if appropriate, is also included.
60 min consult + two 30 min training sessions:
Existing Client Follow Up
After the initial consult, we meet one-on-one at your home, online, a public park, or at my facility, and carry out the training plan together. Follow ups need to be booked within 6 months of the initial consultation. If an additional behavior challenge has developed, another consultation must be scheduled first.
At the follow up, I will demo for you the training technique and then coach you on how to maintain it. The training can be very rewarding for both you and your dog once you start seeing progress.
Benefits to you: Comprehensive, supportive and gives you and your dog one-on-one attention.
Single session (30-45 mins):
6 Pack – (30-45 mins each):
How do you teach me through a computer screen?
My goal is to give you the tools you need to train on your own, because I won’t always be there. With online learning, you learn very effectively how to train your dog from the get go.
I demo with my dog and then coach your technique with your dog. All you need to do is angle the camera or laptop on your dog and half your body, so I can see what your hands are doing. You just need your dog in the room and treats!
I also send any relevant demo videos to help you along.
Online or remote learning is effective for everything from basic manners training, house & crate training, fear & aggression, separation anxiety, and all things puppy. We can even do tricks for fun too! Clients are pleased with the results and feel supported.
What are the benefits of online learning?
- More flexibility with scheduling.
- I can help clients anywhere in the world.
- Less distractions – your dog can work in the quiet and comfort of your home.
- Convenient – you don’t have to travel and there is no rescheduling due to weather or Covid.
- You get recordings of sessions and videos to refer back to.
- Trainers can see more on video in certain cases.
- Dogs can focus more and don’t risk getting kicked out of a group class for disruptive behavior.
- The whole family can participate.
- Fearful dogs can feel safe, while their owners learn how to manage the situation and how to carry out the training technique around triggers.
Can I do a mix of online and in-person sessions?
Yes! After the initial behavior consultation, we can discuss options that are best suited for continued support and your success. However, all separation anxiety training is done remotely.
Don't you need to see the unwanted behavior?
No! We already know how to help fearful and reactive dogs. Pushing dogs past their comfort zone is unethical, ineffective, and unessessary. It can make the situation worse!
We already know what the unwanted behaviors look like and owners are very capable at describing them! We don’t need to make the dog suffer any more. Progress will be made by keeping the dog feeling safe, while using a training technique to build confidence and create positive associations.
Do I need to be tech savvy?
No! All you need is a laptop, desktop, or Ipad and to download the Zoom program. It is free! You can also use your cell phone to connect to a Zoom call.
You will need an email account too of course! That’s it!